EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES IN THE NYS OFFICE OF PARKS, RECREATION AND HISTORIC PRESERVATION CENTRAL REGION
TITLE/GRADE/SALARY HIRING RATE: PRA-1 / Historic Site Interpreter/14.20 per hour
WORK LOCATION: Herkimer Home State Historic Site
NEGOTIATING UNIT: CSEA
TYPE OF APPOINTMENT: Seasonal from May 18th through Columbus Day
WORK SCHEDULE: (1) position 20 hours per week, (1)position 40 hours per week, Wednesday thru Sunday and some holidays.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Provide guided tours of Herkimer Home State Historic Site house and grounds.
– Serve as a cashier for ticket sales and gift shop.
– Assist in operation of special events and demonstrations.
– Assist with general cleaning of the house and exhibit areas.
– Interact with visitors in a friendly and approachable way, with good customer service as your first priority.
– Maintain a professional appearance by wearing clean, neat, job-appropriate clothing.
– A strong interest in history and historical interpretation is a must.
– Experience working in a museum setting or as a living history interpreter is preferred.
– Public speaking or presentation experience is strongly preferred. Candidate must have desire to talk and interact with the public in a friendly and professional manner.
– Qualified candidates must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills, a strong interest in local and regional history, and the ability to represent the Historic Site in a professional manner, working well with the general public and as a member of the site team.
– This position requires the candidate to be available weekends and holidays.
If you feel you meet the minimum qualifications and the agency’s operating needs, and are interested in being considered for this vacancy, you can obtain an Employment Application from your local park office, your region’s administrative headquarters or you can download an application from the NYS Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation website at www.nysparks.com. Please forward your application and resume, if available, to Sharon Powell, Lead Historic Interpreter, Herkimer Home State Historic Site, 200 State Route 169, Little Falls, NY 13365. If you have any questions, please call Sharon Powell at (315) 823-0398 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the responsibility of each applicant to accurately describe his or her experience and demonstrate that they meet the minimum qualifications and agency operating needs.
POSTING DATE: April 5, 2023 APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED UNTIL: May 25, 2023