The Mohawk Valley Center for the Arts in Little Falls will be home to more than 75 art pieces created by student artists ranging in age from kindergarten to seniors, and their teachers, from 12 schools that make up seven districts in Herkimer County.
The show is free and open to the public, with a reception celebrating artists on Wednesday, February 15th, from 5-6:30 pm (Snow date on Friday, February 17th). This is an excellent opportunity to visit the Arts Center and support the young artists from your communities.
During March, we celebrate Youth Art Month. It is a time to recognize student artwork and the importance of arts education in our community. This exhibit is an excellent example of the power of the arts. The National Youth Art Month theme for 2023 is Your Art, Your Voice. Come see the voice of the Herkimer County youth!
Coordinator of this exhibit, Herkimer Jr. Sr. High School Art Teacher Heather McCutcheon, stated, “The common theme of this exhibit is reflection. Students learn from their teachers, and we learn from them. All of our works are a reflection of each other!”
This event gives young artists an opportunity to share their voices, show their work outside of the school environment, collaborate with others, and inspire artists of all ages.
Students of all ages have the opportunity to show and sell their artwork during the exhibit. We encourage visitors and students to explore the artwork together. It promises to deliver an exciting range of work to explore.
The show runs from February 15th until March 14th. Gallery hours are Thursday-Saturday from 12 pm-4 pm.
- Little Falls Elementary, Middle & High School (Little Falls CSD)- Art Teachers: Wendy Rockwell, Kara Milianta, Adrienne Watson
- Herkimer Jr./Sr. High School (Herkimer CSD) – Art Teachers: Leah Zorn & Heather McCutcheon
- Central Valley Academy (Central Valley CSD) – Art Teacher: Leslie Kubica
- Frankfort-Schuyler Elementary School (Frankfort-Schuyler CSD) – Art Teacher: Cynthia Brownell
- Richfield Springs Elementary & High School (Richfield Springs CSD) – Art Teachers: Karen Sportello & Dan Marrone
- Dolgeville Middle & High School (Dolgeville CSD) – Art Teachers: Floretta Prestigiacomo & Lisa Rohacek
- Mount Markham Elementary, Middle and High School (Mount Markham CSD) – Art Teachers: Amy McClave, Alexis Day & Meghan Pagano
Other facts about the show:
- 14 Art Teachers
- Seven districts (of the ten in the county)
- Works from: Kindergarteners to Twelfth graders
- Works from the teachers also!
- An Estimated 75 pieces will be on display
- There will be 2D and 3D work
A special thanks to Linda and Alan Vincent for providing underwriting for this exhibition.