LITTLE FALLS, NY – With the Little Falls Cheese Festival this Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m, you may be venturing out to a public event for the first time in seemingly forever. To help you prepare for this Saturday (or any cheese festival), here are some tips from festival pros:
- Go to the website, littlefallscheesefestival.com, beforehand to scout out vendors, make a wish list and find the times and locations of local music acts and showings of “Where’s the Green Cheese?,” an original play written by Angela Harris and directed by Matt Powers. All performances are free.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes. The Little Falls Cheese Festival stretches across five blocks of Main Street Little Falls, and you’ll want to cruise the entire length of the festival to make sure you don’t miss anything.
- Bring a cooler bag to keep your purchases fresh. No worries if you don’t have one – insulated bags will be on sale at the Souvenir Booth in the center of the festival.
- Plan to leave your dog at home. The festival organizers love dogs, but they know that the event is on pavement and likely to be crowded, making for a stressful outing for our four-legged friends. Service dogs only, please.
- Arrive at 10 a.m. when the festival opens. It’s the best way to ensure your favorite vendors haven’t run out of anything, and you’ll likely beat the crowds.
- Take advantage of the free shuttle service to and from downtown Little Falls. No cruising around looking for parking, no stress, no worries. Signs will steer visitors to free parking in either the North Lot (Veteran’s Field) or South Lot (Industrial Park), with shuttle buses running continuously from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Please note that CDC guidelines regarding Covid-19 require bus passengers to wear a mask.
- Pick up the Festival Program Booklet when you arrive. The booklet contains a helpful map and information about the vendors and the day’s entertainment.
- Use cash at the booths. While all vendors at the Little Falls Cheese Festival will accept credit and debit cards, cash makes for faster and easier transactions.
- Don’t forget to take a mid-day break! Not only will local restaurants be open for sit-down lunches, but this year’s Cheese Festival features a “food truck food court” in the M&T Bank parking lot with a full variety of refreshments and include plenty of shaded seating.
- Please know that the Little Falls Cheese Festival will follow prevailing CDC guidelines regarding Covid-19 and expected of all participants. If needed, free masks and hand sanitizer will be found at the information booths.
- Above all else, have fun!
Now in its sixth year, the Little Falls Cheese Festival is New York State’s premier gathering of cheesemakers, with an estimated 6,000 people attending in 2019. This year’s festival on October 2nd will run the length of Main Street from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Keep up to date with future plans by following the Little Falls Cheese Festival on Facebook, Instagram, or visiting littlefallscheesefestival.com.